CLUB CAMPESTRE DE LA CIUDAD DE MÉXICO
When the San Pedro Golf Club, the first golfing facility of the City of Mexico, recognized that it is time to create a club of other dimensions, the Commission charged with finding a suitable terrero recommended that a dairy farm called "La Natividad" is bought, located in Churubusco. That was how the October 4, 1905 it ceased to exist on San Pedro Golf Club and Country Club Mexico emerged. With a golf course designed by the first professional Willy Smith.
Undoubtedly, having hired the British architect Grove Johnson for the construction of the house, it was a success, since the original clubhouse was a style icon and sobriety contributed to our institution.
The Mexican Revolution affected the club in various ways. Periodically, the facility was destroyed during the bombing or occupied by revolutionary factions. At the end of the revolution, Harry Wright urged members to return to the club and led the reconstruction and reorganization of it.
After the reconstruction and throughout the next quarter century the presidency of the club was taken over by Harry Wright.
By the thirties, there was an increase in the number of Mexican partners and above all, he had a growing influence society, such as dances offered: White and Black frequented by politicians, diplomats, actors and journalists.
Subsequently, in 1945 the club structure is modified, being established as "Club Campestre de la Ciudad de Mexico"